Senior Business Development Consultant
August 10, 2020
We are looking for a new consultant to create and deliver agency new business positionings, strategies and provide ongoing mentoring and consulting. You will be advising agency owners (and their teams) on new business best practice and implementing growth strategies.
Who are we?
Our mission is to help people learn to love business development in the way that we do. The word ‘Sales’ has a lot of negative connotations and we believe it is misunderstood and that perception needs to change in order to get people to embrace it and do it properly.
Gray Matters mentors and empowers agencies to be better at attracting and winning new clients. We have a simple but rigorous process of creating a compelling agency positioning, designing new business strategies and plugging any skill gaps with specialists to help execute.
The purpose of your role is to:
- Manage your own client base of agency owners
- Deliver new positionings and growth strategies
- Guide and support agency owners and their teams with the execution of those strategies
- Contribute and potentially lead training sessions and events
- Work on your own new business pipeline and convert opportunities from expressed interest to on-boarding
- Contribute to Gray Matters sales and marketing initiatives
For our clients:
We have a trusted and proven methodology that is strategic and practical and consists of three phases:
- Creating an agency positioning
- Develop a marketing and new business strategy
- Help execute the strategy
There are also a number of longer-term programmes (3-12 months) we have developed to guide our clients in building the right foundations for sustainable growth.
You would be expected to learn the Gray Matter’s methodologies and be able to apply them, but also contribute your own knowledge and experience to improving the products. The goal is always to help our clients achieve their personal and commercial growth ambitions. There is a huge element of mentoring and emotional intelligence required to build deep relationships with a wide range of personalities and nuanced businesses.
As part of the Gray Matters family you would be expected to contribute to the overall growth of the business by:
- Contributing to new business – to secure new clients but also attending meetings with prospects and creating proposals.
- Product development – contribute to the ongoing development of our packages, services, tools, training, events and products.
- Marketing/Brand awareness – support and contribute to the execution of our own marketing strategy, i.e. content writing, PR, social media, events, collateral, speaking etc.
The type of person we are looking for:
We need someone…
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious to creatively grow sales and marketing agencies on limited budgets
- Someone who has sales experience and enjoys the challenge and psychology of sales
- A creative marketing brain is a bonus to bring new ideas to build awareness
- Someone with a lot of emotional intelligence to understand and manage a broad range of personalities and help guide business owners in the right direction for them
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple projects and clients at any time
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty and pick up the phone to make a sale as well as providing high-level positioning and strategy
- Commercially minded; understanding how to make money and remain profitable
- High attention to detail to ensure we never miss a thing!
- Authentic people who are honest, speak from the heart and brave enough to fight for what’s right.
- Enjoy flexibility in terms of location and work hours and can manage their own time.